This is a branch of surgery which handles rather acute injuries as well as overuse bone conditions as well as arthritis. It also extends to issues pertaining to the joints as well as their soft tissues which include muscles, ligaments as well as nerves.
Our orthopedic surgeons are known locally and globally as a result of our culture of excellence as well as our ability to find the solution to both complex and simple conditions. Our team makes use of the latest in terms of technique and technology for people who have musculoskeletal challenges.
Our consultants usually work hand in hand with general surgeons in handling soft tissue and bone injury conditions. Orthopedic specialists at our hospital also deal with all the areas of orthopedics such as:
- Spine conditions working with a neurosurgeon
- Reconstruction of joints
- Bone tumour surgery
- Complicated trauma surgery
- Sport induced injuries
- Rheumatoid surgical procedure
- Pediatric orthopedic situations
- Deformity of the limbs
Our paediatric orthopedics usually need divergent fracture remedies as a result of bone growth as well as the corrective type of treatment for deformities in children.
What are the outcomes that make our services unique?
Some of the work carried out by our orthopedic team includes but is not limited to the following:
- Repair of fracture – There are a number of techniques which are used in this regard largely dependent on the location, severity as well as the type of fracture incurred so as to make sure that the bones are quite stable and heal rather correctly while also making sure that our patient still maintains his or her functions.
- Joint arthroscopy – This is one minimally invasive technique which pertains putting in probes into the said joints with a view to diagnose as well as repair any joint tissue that is damaged.
- We also carry out general repair on tendons or muscles.
- Arthroplasty – This procedure involves the outright replacement of a whole joint set, this is more often than not a result of rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. Knee and hip replacements are the more common ones.