ERCP is a combined upper gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy and x-beams to treat issues of the bile and pancreatic pipes. ERCP is, for the most part, used to analyze ailments of the gallbladder, biliary framework, pancreas, and liver. Specialists utilize ERCP to treat issues of the bile and pancreatic channels, also, the off chance that they hope to treat the difficulties amid the technique. For conclusion alone, specialists may utilize noninvasive tests—tests that don’t physically enter the body—rather than ERCP. Our Hospital provides the best facilities for ERCP.
- Gallstones that form in your gallbladder and become stuck in your common bile duct
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Acute pancreatitis
- Trauma or surgical complications in your bile or pancreatic ducts
- Tumours or cancers of the bile ducts
- Pancreatic pseudocysts
- Tumours or cancers of the pancreas
For the ideal examination, the stomach must be vacant. The patient ought not to eat anything after 12 pm on the night before going to them for the test. On the off chance that the strategy is performed at a young hour toward the beginning of the day, no fluids ought to be taken. If the examination is shown in the early afternoon, some tea, juice, drain, or espresso can be taken eight hours sooner.
After ERCP, you can expect the following:
- You may have a sore throat for 1 to 2 days.
- It is advisable for you to rest adequately at home for the rest of the day.
- There is a tendency of going through nausea or bloating for a short while upon carrying out the procedure.
- You can go back to a healthy diet once your swallowing has returned to normal.