In the event that the Kidney fails, Dialysis helps in performing the functions of the kidney. Based on the National Kidney Foundation, end stage Kidney failure happens when the kidney begins to perform at about between 10 to 15 percent of its normal functionality. Dialysis is simply the treatment which helps in filtering and purifying the blood via the use of a machine. This goes a long way in ensuring balance is kept for your electrolytes and fluids in the event that your kidney can’t do this.
Why is dialysis used?
In a situation where your kidney is unable to carry out its functions as a result of injury or disease, dialysis assists in ensuring that the body functions as normal as possible. The absence of dialysis will permit wastes and salts to pile up inside the blood, and go on to poison the body and thereafter lead to the overall damage of the other human organs.
Dialysis however is not a cure for any kidney related disease. There are different types of treatment that could be employed for the remediation of such concerns.
What are the different types of dialysis?
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Continuous renal replacement Therapy (CRRT)
Are there any risks associated with dialysis?
Hemodialysis risks include:
- Low blood pressure
- Anemia or shortage of red blood cells
- Cramping of the muscles
- Sleeping difficulty
- Pericarditis which is the inflammation of the membrane which surrounds the human heart
- Bacteremia or an infection of the bloodstream
- Irregular beating of the heart
- Sudden cardiac death, which is the major cause of death for those who are going through dialysis.
Facilities made available by the hospital.
- 3 latest Dialysis Machine (Nipro manufactured)
- Doing dialysis in- CRF, ARFpatients
- Doing SLED in critically ill patients
- Separate Double RO filtration plant of dialysis water
- Round the clock availability of dialysis technician
- Bedside multipara monitors available in the dialysis department.
- Water used in dialysis is free from bacteria.
- Zero TDs
- Periodically cultures clone for removal of contamination.